Post Under How-To
If you mark up breadcrumb information in your blog or a page, Google can identify it & use it to understand and present the information on your pages in the search results. Breadcrumbs can contain microdata or RDFa markup. This tutorial uses the RDFa format. The following image is breadcrumbs which is displayed in Google Search.
|Breadcrumb in Google Search|
Now let's see how to add breadcrumb markup for blogger.
- Log in to Blogger and Click the blog title that you want to set up for.
- Click "Template" » "Edit HTML" » "Proceed" and mark the "Expand Widget Templates".
- Now Find
- Simply Paste the following code above that
- Now find
- Now Paste the following code above that
- Now Save your Template
- You can customize the design of breadcrumb. Go to Template Designer » Advanced » Add CSS & add this CSS code & click Apply.
padding:5px 5px 5px 0px;
margin: 0px 0px 15px 0px;
font: Georgia, serif;
border-bottom:4px double #ff00ff;
<b:include data='top' name='status-message'/>
<b:include data='posts' name='breadcrumb'/>
<b:includable id='main' var='top'>
|Breadcrumb in Blogger|
Now it is time to check your breadcrumb using the Rich Snippets Testing Tool
Breadcrumb navigation is types of navigation will must be used in every website to make user's to have clear view of the site architecture of where they are presently in the site. A vital part of a good search engine optimization strategy (SEO) is linking ability, and breadcrumbs provide that capability out of the box.
The given codes and some quotes of this article has been collected from various sources.
Recommended Post For You